- Author: Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, and Douglas Hinson
- Publisher: Wrox
- Publish Date: January 12, 2006
- Pages: 720
This book will help you get past the initial learning curve quickly so that you can get started using SSIS to transform data, create a workflow, or maintain your SQL Server. Offering you hands-on guidance, you'll learn a new world of integration possibilities and be able to move away from scripting complex logic to programming tasks using a full-featured language.
What you will learn from this book
- Ways to quickly move and transform data
- How to configure every aspect of SSIS
- How to interface SSIS with web services and XML
- Techniques to scale the SSIS and make it more reliable
- How to migrate DTS packages to SSIS
- How to create your own custom tasks and user interfaces
- How to create an application that interfaces with SSIS to manage the environment
- A detailed usable case study for a complete ETL solution
This book is for developers, DBAs, and users who are looking to program custom code in all of the .NET languages. It is expected that you know the basics of how to query the SQL Server and have some fundamental programming skills.